Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

Losing your Mojo...and how to find it!



I can't believe that is has been over a month since my last blog post! It just goes to show how much motivation and inspiration I got from doing the blogging course and how fired up my brain was. The past month seems to have gone so quickly, but I have to admit I have not been feeling at my best, which is maybe why my mojo seems to have gone into hibernation. Do you ever have times like this, when your creativity and "you-ness" just seems to have turned its back and run away?

I hate feeling like this but when it happens I know it's my bodies way of telling me that something is out of balance. So my mission? Get my "me-ness" back, pronto.

So how am I going to do this, where do I start? Where would you start?

They say a healthy mind is a healthy body and this phrase is naturally true in reverse. I used to salsa dance all the time but since working in my current job I have let this passion fall by the wayside and it makes me feel quite sad. I am the first to admit that I am not happy with my body but bizarrely, moving it makes me feel so good! I have half-heartedly said that I will go back to salsa classes and in my mind I can justify taking the time out to go, but when the day comes round, I give in to my tiredness and slink home to become a couch potato. Well, this just won't do! My weeks fill up quite quickly and I am aware that I don't want to do too much and not leave some down time in the calendar. I have resolved that in addition to my weekly pole fit classes, I will go back to Zumba (I am lucky enough to have a class within walking distance) and so far I have managed to go 3 weeks running and feel so tired but so alive afterwards. Do you have a "go-to" feel good activity?



As part of my quest for the body beautiful I am trying to shed some extra pounds. This is an ongoing a slow process but far healthier than starving myself. I have about 21 lbs to go until I will be truly happy but it's do-able. In the coming 8 weeks I am going to push for a bit of a blitz and get the weight loss really moving, which means saying no to treats and planning and thinking ahead as I have some tricky social situations on the horizon that include food. Salad, veggies and fruit will be on the up and puddings and bread will be kept in the fridge and cupboard. Another commitment I need to make is to drink more water, is that just me? Our bodies are made up of so much water and I know that a lot of the time I feel so groggy because I'm dehydrated. I saw a tip somewhere a while ago that showed a 2 litre bottle of water with chunks of time marked on with a marker pen. By each time marker the goal is to have drunk all the water in that chunk. You can see an example here from the Little Family Fun blog...I think I'm going to give this one a go! I forget to drink and reward based activities are always a good motivator...What are your tips for staying hydrated?



I am just about to start a week off, so hopefully this will mean plenty of "Me" time to refresh and claw back some of my feel-good vives!

Feel free to share your mojo tips, it's always inspiring to see what tips work for others.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Sophie. Great to hear you're enjoying getting back into Zumba and Salsa as well as the Pole fit. You'll be the fittest person I know in no time! I definitely know what you mean about the need to drink more water, I try to always have a glass on my desk at work and never let it get empty, i find it harder to keep hydrated when im on the go however xx

    ReplyDelete